Saturday 17 February 2018

Running against the riptide

All I want to do is run,
Run away from my emotions
Run away from my conflicts

Run because that's all I can do.
Swim because that's all I can do.
Cycle because that's all I can do.
Am I training for a triathlon?
Maybe!

Why?
Mind doesn't get on.
It tells me 
I am not good enough
I am lazy
I am not clever 
I don't have any potentional

Yet people tell me,
You are worth it
Am I?

I'm running against a riptide
Away from the darkness
Before it engulfs me
And eats me up

Running away is easy
Running on pavements is easy
Overcome those annoying thoughts
Isn't so easy.

Is it courage to run away
Or to put up with it

Why now?
The sun is out.
I could be reading my book outside yet
My mind is full of useless thoughts

Just anxiery playing up
It will slide up again 
And not down into a spiral
How low can get the spiral get?

How long would that take?
The jounrey that is never my miles, or meters.

Who knows how long the journey would take?
That could be an hour time
That could be in a day time
That could be in a week time
That could be in a month time
That could be in a year time

Who knows?

Who knows what to do with anxious mind?
Run
Cycle
Swim
Walk
Bake cakes
Read

Its like waiting for the world to end

What can you do when anxiety consumes you?
Before eats you up


No comments:

Post a Comment