Monday 13 March 2017

Being very creative in the kichen

What to you think of when teenagers have the house to themselves for more than one night? Maybe you think of them being outrages and inviting their friends over to drink and maybe trash the house down. For me, nope. My parents went away and they trusted me to keep the house intact. Really?

Plus it means, I can have carrots and pineapple for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I thought you might want to admire some food photos. Which you haven't seen for such a long time. Sorry in advance if it making your tummy rumble. I have warned you. You might even receive a recipe at the end, just in case your tummy is saying feed me, feed me.

I can also make a mess!


Though I can also clear up the mess!!



Most of the time my parents were away, I washed up by hand, I didn't see the point of putting things in the dishwasher. Especially when I use certain things daily! Plus it meant that I was rewarded by hot choco or hot chocolate!! Plus cake. Sorry parents there is none left for you.

I thought my parents gave me £20 pound for food shopping, so I tried to see what's in the cupboard and what's in the freezer. Though some days i fancied cooking whereas not so much. And here is what I created.

It's a bit oragany as someone forgot to change the settings! Though this dish is a tuna hash


I noticed there was some tuna in the cupboard so looked in my student cookbook, and found a dish that doesn't take such a long time to make and was also cheap to make, win-win. Plus it's a good way to make tuna go a long way, It was very yummy! The best thing is that I didn't had to share. I did also had a dollop of HP sauce. I'm not keen on tomato sauce everything that can get dipped is mostly to be HP sauce. Unless chips then it's mayo.

Vegetarian spaghetti bolognese 
I don't like eating a lot of meat, so I tend to eat quite lot of vegetarian food, plus I was doing the parkrun the day after eating this. So I decided to have some pasta. I must say this is the best bolognese I made it was so tasty and juicy and had a different flavour to the normal bolognese. I wonder if my Dad would be able to taste the difference. I better to a taste test to see!

Using the left bolognese sauce to make lasagna!
As the bolognese can be made into other dishes to, I made some extra not for just one person. I could either add curry paste or chilli and eat with rice or baked potatoes. Though I fancied pasta the next day so I made myself some lasagna. Leftovers, are great! Aren't there? Also the lasagna that I made was so tasty as I used whole milk and the proper cheese sauce or the roux sauce as the professionals call it. See my Catering GCSE still comes to play.

The cake is honey cornbread cupcake with cheese frosting. Perfect piping!
I am starting to knit again. I making lots of progress honestly! And it's all my work now! I have made a wonderful friend at my church, who does lots of knitting and makes lovely cakes. So every month we go to each other houses to do some knitting and make cakes. So I thought I could show off to you, with my new knitting skill and my piping cakes skill. Unfortunately not all cakes looked like that. So I shall be doing more cakes baking and getting my piping in tip top.

As I didn't wake up till 12 in the afternoon, of the day I was doing knitting with my friend, I didn't to any food shopping for later that evening. I had about two hours to vacuum the house, oh the hob is dirty I will just clean that up. Oh look the laundry is spilling everywhere, I will just put that in the washing machine and hang it up. Ohmygoodness, the washing up is spilling over the worktop surface. I will quickly to that and put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea. Oh heck, my cup of tea, is cold, I will just put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Look the table is a mess, I quickly tidy that up. Drink Rebecca! My cup of tea is now perfect temperature to drink. Hang on, what is that in my mouth, it a tea bag that someone forgot to take out.  Now, i'm so sweaty, I just have enough time too jump in the shower, enough time to make myself a cup of coffee and read my book! What it's that time already! Then my Dad saved the day and week, he put my normal money that I get every week separate to the food shopping money. I looked online, to see when the shops close an hour before I looked online. Never mind, it means I can enjoy my evening by going out for dinner. Thanks Dad! I again had pasta, my favorite type, macaroni cheese.

As anyone told, you that I like pasta? In fact every time my Mum asks me 'What would you like for dinner? My reply, 'pasta please' even though we had pasta a few days ago!!!!

Monday pie

I think, before I turn into pasta and get eaten. I should have something else rather than pasta. As I do my running on Monday evening! Yep, you did read that right. And I decided to go in the freezer (not literally), Oh there is mince! Defrost it the microwave. Cook the mince with the onions add some baked beans a dash of worchester sauce put it in the oven for 50 minutes. Bob's you uncle and Nellie's your aunt , you have a meal. Which meant that I could have a shower, a quick shower! And don't forget about the HP sauce!!!!!!

Peanut butter and jam American pancake with a cup of coffee!!!!
I had  a parkrun, didn't want to go. So I had to bribe myself, get up, get ready for running and you can have pancakes. I am trying to get a PB (personal best) with my parkrun, no hope yet. When I do I get a PB  to go to Creams  (Ice cream place)! The next time I pass it when I'm in town. I'm improving but not enough to get a PB. I will keep trying. And another blog post sometime soon about running.

Cup of tea, with a nutella and peanut cake in the mug
It was about 10:05 in the evening, I was reading my book and really fancied peanut butter and a cake. So I decided to put the oven on and get baking. Then my good mind told me not to because I had to wake up early the next day. So I decided to look online how to make microwave cup cake. I found something but the reviews weren't good. So I did what I normally do, bit of bit of this and a bit of that. It turned out really tasty and gooey just like the ones you get in the restaurants. Plus it meant I could get my craving of peanut butter and cake all at once.


Recipe time

 1 egg
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon peanut butter
2 tablespoon of nutella
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon of coco
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

In a jug or a small bowl, stir the egg, brown sugar, peanut butter, flour, choco, nutella, and baking powder with a fork. Put the mixture in a mug. Microwave for 1 minute. Eat straight away from the mug.

Now if you don't mind, my tummy is saying feed me, feed me. I'm going to make that cake in the mug.

No comments:

Post a Comment