Saturday 18 March 2017

Just me again!

This blogging it getting hard work, Nearly every week I'm blogging. Though make the most of it. I thought I could add this to the Monthly musings, though I think it deserves a blog post on it's own.

And before you ask, no I didn't get a PB on my parkrun. In-fact this post isn't about running. I know, hard to believe. I normally to a parkrun on Saturday morning. But this Saturday was different. Today, my church had a church away day. Oh and no it wasn't a day where we had jolly we had to use that thing that in our skull. Remind me, what is it called. Oh yes, the brain!

This is the song, I learned at the youth group I used to lead. It fits in appropriate to the theme of my church away day, we were learning about the fruit of the spirit.

The whole day was about fellowships and learning about the fruit of the spirit.
In the afternoon there was different workshops to do. I chose to do walking but I was reflecting. I couldn't decide either to do a creative writing or walking. Though walking meant that I could talk, get my steps in and explore Wylam better.  It wasn't till the evening when I really gathered my thoughts together. That I created a poem.

Oh and took photo's





These photos was taken by the river tyne in Wylam. Some  of them could be a lot better but the lighting wasn't right because Mr Sunshine, didn't want to appear it was doing his disappearing act again. It just rained and then we stepped outside it sometime it stopped raining.

Oh yes, here the poem.

Fruit of the Spirit

Walking in the Spirit means living every day
Looking up to Jesus and following His way.
And when I give Him all of me
Just like a mighty tree–
My actions will become sweet fruit
For all the world to see.

Galatians 5 lists all nine fruits
The Spirit wants to grow
And if you read them for yourself
You will be sure to know:

That LOVE comes first–the kind you choose,
Not feelings you may lose,
But actions that show sacrifice,
And branch out the Good News.

And then comes JOY, that you can hold
No matter what life brings
It’s the Song of all God’s promises
The glad heart daily sings.

Sweet PEACE comes next, a quiet heart
Though life may twist and turn,
Then PATIENCE shows it wants no part
Of sparks that quickly burn.

KINDNESS is an active fruit
It treats others with care
The love of Jesus is the root
That spreads it everywhere.

GOODNESS knows and does what’s right–
Its actions match God’s teaching
It spreads His shining, perfect light
Into a dark world reaching.

FAITHFULNESS is like a rock,
A firm and steady friend
Who never leaves you hanging–
But is loyal to the end.

GENTLENESS is tender strong.
It turns the other cheek.
It rarely ruffles when it’s wronged.
(It’s a synonym for “meek.”)

And then at last, fruit number nine,
(Its growth requires practice).
It doesn’t lash out, pout, or whine,
Or prickle like a cactus.
It doesn’t need to over-dine
Or lick clean the ice cream bowl;
For with the Spirit/Helper, you can have fruit SELF CONTROL.

When you put the nine together,
A fruit salad you will make
That proves to all the world your life
Is lived for Jesus’ sake!

Now if you don't mind, all this walking is making me very tired, So I'm going to have a chocolate brownie, maybe even some cream oh and not forget about hot choco.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rebecca, this song really reminds me of you and Shy Rachel, I remember after a youth group session you had and Rachel had that song in your head and kept singing it. After listening to it, I had tears in my eyes. It's amazing how music to that! I really liked that poem, even though you know i'm not a believer in Christ though that poem really speaks to me at a personal level, I think we all need to know about the fruit of the spirit, especially the self-control. I'm bad, for chocolate spread. I thought you are bad for peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Keep on being you. Cherry

    ReplyDelete