Monday 17 August 2015

Time to catch up!

I looked at my blog and noticed it's lacking my weekly updates since I have been on holiday. You need to wait a bit longer before you get to read my amazing adventure. Until then you can admire my cooking post that will be uploaded. Let's start with the dinner for three.

Tia and I met up on Friday, the same day where I made dinner for my parents. We walked to Camberly to drop my CV off at baby gear then it was time for breakfast at McDonalds. Who can't say no to McDonalds?

Dad phoned me, and asked me what I'm cooking, I had no idea what I'm making. Since we was near Tesco's and Waitrose I might else well go and see if they have any recipes that I like and then go online and see the ingredients. So we looked high and low in Tesco's books and went to the cafe and get a drink and look online. Still nothing. 

So we went to Tia's to see her friend. I then got asked to bake a cake for Tia's Mom. And Tia's brother girlfriend. I told you to be careful if you share your cakes around with your friends. Never mind I enjoy making cakes especially giving to it to someone else. 

So got Tia's friend Jess. Then to my house it was, where we made my dinner well more prepared it and then it was Tia's turn to make the cake. I only supervised and to give Tia the guidance when she needed it or Tia asked me a question.

Dinner for three




So you what to know what made? Well I made a spicy lamb casserole with mash and cornbread. I would say next time I will make it, just have casserole and the cornbread. 

Ingredients you would need for the spicy lamb casserole

1 tablespoon oil to fry
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
300g lamb, cut into cubes
1 tin of 400g chopped tomatoes
1 fat chili (if you don't like spice too much or don't have chili one teaspoon of chili powder is fine)
400g cchickpeas, drained
1 tablespoon ground coriander 
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper 

Ingredients you would need for cornbread

Vegetable or sunflower oil, for greasing
65g self raising flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
220g fine ground polenta, or fine cornflour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
25g butter, melted
275ml milk
50ml plain full-fat yogurt
2 large eggs, beaten 
1 tablespoon dried chili flakes (optional)

Recipe for spicy lamb casserole


  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C fan oven 200°C/Gas 6
  2. Heat the oil in large pan. Fry the onions and garlic for 3-4 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
  3. Add the lamb and cook until the meat is no longer pink and beginning to brown.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil. Season with salt and pepper.
  5. Transfer the contents of the pan to a casserole dish and place in the oven for 1 1/2-2 hours. Stir a couple of times.

Recipe for cornbread


  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C Fan/ Gas Mark 7. Grease a 20Cm square baking tin, line with non-stick baking paper and set aside. 
  2. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large bow, add the polenta or cornflour and the sugar, and stir together well.
  3. Pour in the melted butter, milk and yogurt, and stir in well.
  4. Finally add the beaten eggs and stir to combine 
  5. Pour the batter into the preheated tin and bake for 18-22 minutes until it is lightly golden and springy to the touch.
  6. Leave to cool in the tin for 20 minutes to firm up, and then remove, cut into slices and enjoy while still warm.
  7. Enjoy the cornbread while it's still warm. If you have some left over the day after, you can put some lemon curd on it and it is very tasty. 

Best of all enjoy with your friends and family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment